There are many opportunities for you to contribute to the life of the church by sharing your skills and talents. Serving together on a team can be a great way to make new friends and can also become a valued part of your personal and spiritual growth. Here are just some of the areas where you might consider joining in:
Music & Worship
Music and Worship: Music has a vital role in the church, and there are opportunities to enjoy it &/or be part of it: Adult Choir, Worship Team, etc.
- We are always happy to welcome new voices in the choir.
- Are you a musician or vocalist? Consider joining the Sunday morning Worship Team.
- The children's and youth programs welcome musicians and song leaders.
- Are you a techie? Would you like to help with sound or Power Point on Sunday mornings? Training is provided.
- Do you like meeting people? Consider being a Greeter on Sunday mornings to share a smile and a handshake.
- Ushers are needed during the Sunday worship services to hand out bulletins, seat people and take up the offering.
- Are you most comfortable serving behind the scenes? Are you at home in the kitchen? Coffee and tea makers as well as snack providers are needed for many church activities.
- Would you like to open your home for special youth group events?
- Would you like to host university students for Sunday lunch?
Children and Youth Ministries
There are many opportunities to serve in our children's and youth ministries. Here are some of them:
- Caregivers for infants and toddlers Sunday mornings
- Sunday School and Children's Church leaders and teachers
- Youth group leaders and mentors
- Art and craft specialists
- Musicians and song leaders
- Games leaders
- Snack preparers
Set up and Maintenance
- Do you have a skill or trade that can help us keep the church building in good repair?
- Do you enjoy mowing grass? We always need volunteer lawn mowers in the summer season.
- Many church activities require set up and take down afterwards.
- Sunday mornings we provide a shuttle service for Mount Allison students who want to attend the morning service (10:00am pick up).
- Drivers are often needed for youth group events.